This Unique Women’s-only Golf Tournament Will Support CRT’s Women’s Empowerment Center in Hartford
Hartford – The Community Renewal Team’s (CRT) 11th Annual Tee Off with Women golf tournament, being held on Wednesday, July 14, 2021 at the Tunxis Country Club in Farmington will once again benefit CRT’s Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Women’s Empowerment Center in Hartford, which offers women the opportunity to be supported and support themselves.
The goal of CRT’s Women’s Empowerment Center is to help women thrive.
As the designated community action agency for both Hartford and Middlesex Counties, CRT has been committed to serving the needs of individuals and families in local communities since 1963. As it happens, the majority of the people that CRT serves each year are female, and often they are the head of their household, too.
“This annual golf tournament is a big part of CRT’s summer-time calendar, and gives a big push to the work of our Women’s Empowerment Center, which is a much-needed safe haven and resource for women from the Greater Hartford area,” said Tenesha Grant, CRT’s Director of Women’s Services. “We are dedicated to bringing women and families out of poverty and into self-sufficiency. We want to empower women to lead sustainable, thriving lives.”
This unique, all-women’s golf event is being held to raise funds for CRT’s Women’s Empowerment Center in Hartford. The Center was opened in 2019 to help women focus on their own personal or professional goals, and it also serves as a support system for everyone who is involved with the Center. One-on-one case management sets the path for women to begin their journey, along with other tools for success such as workshops and mentoring are available and customized to the needs of each member.
This special golf event offers many ways to participate, even for those who are not golfers.
- Golfers can play nine holes for $150 per player; or 18 holes for $225 per player in a best-ball format.
- Registration for 18-hole golfers will begin at 9:00 a.m., followed by the shotgun start at 10:00 a.m.
- BBQ lunch for all golfers begins at 11:30 a.m., with the shotgun start for the 9- hole golfers beginning at 12:00 p.m.
- Throughout the day there will be special games and contests, unique to CRT’s Tee-Off tournament, such as “Putting with Bling” and “Closest to the Wine.”
- If you are not a golfer and would like to learn, there will be a “Not a Golfer” one-hour lesson from Professional Golf Coach Estela Morales Segarra, the Co-Founder of the CT Latinas Golf Team beginning at 1:30 p.m. for $50.
- A Networking hour will begin at 3:30 p.m. with exciting raffle prizes.
For those individuals who are unable to attend the golf event, the Networking Hour and Empowerment Dinner tickets are available separately for only $50 per person.
The Lead Sponsors for CRT’s Women’s Empowerment Center are Liberty Bank, OneDigital and Latin Financial. Sponsorship opportunities, tee signs, and program ads are still available.
Registration details for the 2021 Tee-Off event are available in the Events section of CRT’s website.
For more information about this year’s Tee-Off event, please call (860) 560-5657 or email [email protected].
For more information, please contact CRT’s Communications Director, Jason Black at 860-230-4535.