Make Your Home More Energy Efficient
Reduce your heat and utility bills with a CRT home energy audit. CRT’S Weatherization Program can make your home or apartment more comfortable and energy efficient, and also save you money!
CRT can deliver free core services in single and multi-family properties to qualified households in Connecticut. A certified technician looks for ways to reduce your energy use. We will:
- Seal air leaks and drafts
- Install energy-saving light bulbs
- Install water saving measures
See if you qualify for extended services:
- Refrigerator/freezer vouchers
- Boiler/furnace replacement or repair
- Window replacements and other services (Only single pane windows without storms are eligible for replacement).
CRT Weatherization is offered to all residents of Connecticut, based on income eligibility criteria. Please see application below for more details. This service is free for qualified households.
- Download the application here (¿Necesitas la aplicación en Español? Por favor de cliquear aqui.)
- Have the electric account holder fill out the application completely, list all utilities.
- If you rent, have your landlord sign giving permission for this work.
- Fax, mail or email the application back to us (contact info listed below) or visit the nearest CRT office.
- Once approved you will get a call from a weatherization contractor in a few weeks.
Applications are accepted year round. Staff speaks English and Spanish.
For more information
CRT Weatherization Department
555 Windsor Street, 2nd Floor
Hartford, CT 06120
Office Hours: Mon – Fri 8 am – 4 pm
Under Home Energy Solutions – Income Eligible (HES-IE), free services are offered to households whose combined gross annual income is at or below 60% of state median income. Blower door test for structural air leaks and corrective sealing; heating and cooling system ductwork test for air leaks and corrective sealing; install energy-efficient light bulbs; hot water-saving devices; rebates for insulation and window upgrades; energy efficiency, tips, tools and a review of work performed during service visit; energy specialist recommendations and financing options available to homeowners.
Lalla Family’s Story
Weatherization work for the Lalla household included: insulating the walls and attic, sealing up windows and doors, as well as sealing along the foundation around the entire basement of the home. The team that worked on this project put in a new vent in the kitchen and also installed a new access panel with a fold-down ladder to get up to the attic. All of this work was done free of charge for the Meriden-based couple.
“I’m retired on disability and raising my grandson, so every dollar counts. CRT Weatherization has made my house more snug, and my bills have gone down.”
Funding provided by:
Optional Footer Area
WE BELIEVE IN HOPE.
For over 50 years, CRT has helped people in Central Connecticut lift their quality of life. Whether you need help now or are looking to build a more secure future, we can help with housing, food, energy bills, recovery, jobs, childcare, veterans services and much more.
Call us today at (860) 560-5600, and let’s build a better future together.