CRT Volunteers are essential to our Mission
Get involved! Join our active group of volunteers! Every year, 1,500 people donate their time and talents to our programs. These extra hearts and hands offer their talents, skills, and personal attention to the people we serve.
Volunteers help individuals, families, and communities take steps toward a more successful and stable future. Volunteers at CRT express their values in meaningful activities while serving their neighbors and communities.
We make it easy for you to volunteer regardless of your skill level, your location or how busy your schedule is. You choose where you want to work and which activities you wish to be involved. Support a one-day project or commit to an ongoing project.
Volunteers gain experience and learn new skills by working side-by-side with other knowledgeable and caring individuals. Our wide range of human services offers real choice in fulfilling your interests and desire for experience.
Adopt a Program.
We encourage businesses, schools, youth, and fraternal and faith-based organizations to learn more about our volunteer and adoption programs.
To get involved call our Human Resources Office (860) 560-5665. We will follow up with you to discuss your interests and describe our application and screening process.
Sample One-Day Events
- Plant a community garden.
- Help restore buildings for a CRT program.
- Escort guests at a cultural event.
- Support activities to raise funds for CRT programs.
Sample Ongoing Projects
Support Children in your Community
- Assist teachers providing learning experiences for preschool children at our ECE Programs.
Mentor Future Leaders
- Play with children who are staying at our family shelter.
- Plan a fun and healthy activity for parents and children at one of our Summer Food Programs.
Offer Your Professional Expertise
- Help our employment trainees find jobs.
- Review medical and health policies for our early childhood programs.
- Insurance agents, bankers, real estate brokers and others lead discussions on money matters.
- Prepare tax returns for low-income households with our VITA program.
Serve Seniors in Your Community
- Deliver meals and check-in on seniors who are homebound.
- Help at Senior Cafés where lunches are served to elders.
- Join other meaningful volunteer activities available for seniors who are 55 years or older—from assisting travelers at Bradley Airport to planning social activities for isolated individuals in public housing - via RSVP.